≡ Menu

Bite Me: Valentine’s Day

Valentine’s Day, love it or hate it, it’s a good excuse to eat some delicious food.

Wether you are single or madly in love, you might as well get together with someone who makes you smile and indulge a little.  I’ve celebrated many single Valentine’s Days myself, and it never stopped me from putting together edible gifts for friends, eating boxes of chocolate all to myself, or telling somebody that I loved them.

Personally, I try to avoid the Hallmark cards and drugstore chocolate and keep Valentines day fun and easy.  This year we’re doing no gifts, but instead we’ll be indulging in a delicious meal at home.  Here are some fun edible ideas to celebrate l’amour deliciously come Tuesday:

icewinecuvee

Dinner Ideas:
Drink Ideas:
Healthy Sweet Treats:

To Do In Toronto:

• Four Course Prix Fixe Dinner $75 per guest at Susur Lee
  • Valentine’s Day Dinner Menu at Crush Wine Bar, $95 per guest, $150 with suggested wine pairings
  • Skating at the Harbourfront with post drinks at Watermark Irish Pub next door
  • Fondue night at Cheesewerks
  • Cocktails at Lucid, a molecularly inclined cocktail bar
  • Edible mulch- lacy chocolate hearts from Soma chocolate (Both locations open all week-end. DISTILLERY sat-10-8 sun-11-6 KING sat-12-9:30 sun-12-5pm)
  • Macarons (here are the best in Toronto)
For more ideas check out Marisa’s Blog and CTV special!

{ 8 comments… add one }

• pure2rawtwins February 12, 2012, 5:06 pm

I am not a big Valentines day person, but i love another reason to eat chocolate and drink a glass of wine or two, haha

lori and gary actually had their real first official date 9 years ago on Valentines day, so it is special to them.

• Gillian February 12, 2012, 9:02 pm

Yes, wine and chocolate are the beauty of the day, no? Happy Valentines/Anniversary to Gary and Lori – and cheers to you beautiful!

• The Delicate Place February 12, 2012, 6:06 pm

we aren’t exchanging gifts but i’m working on a crafty thing as i type this (waiting for the paint to dry). it’s a very simple surprise that i’ll blog about soon x wish i lived up there to take advantage of those spots you recommend!

• Gillian February 12, 2012, 9:03 pm

Creative gifts are the best! I love the sweet things you two do for each other! Might get a little crafty around here – but the day shall mostly be food and bubbly focused! You must come to Toronto at some point!

• Joy February 12, 2012, 8:40 pm

Thanks for sharing my sexy balls recipe G! Love all your ideas…. especially skating at Harbourfront :)

• Gillian February 12, 2012, 9:04 pm

Can’t wait to try your recipe Joy – Maca is a super sexy food! And we’re planning on going skating at Harbourfront soon, it’s been too long! With the promise of a glass of vino afterwards I’m all in.

• Kris | iheartwellness.com February 13, 2012, 11:18 am

You had me at Peller Estates…sigh…thats all I need :) What a gorgeous dinner you’re making your man over there, dang girl, I need to take some lessons from you!!

Have a great day!
    xxoo

• Gillian February 14, 2012, 8:10 am

I’d be happy to teach you a few tricks when we get together :)