≡ Menu

Macaron Battle

{ 34 comments… add one }

• VeggieGirl February 8, 2012, 5:31 am

I knew that Herme would be the winner already because, come on – awesome name. They almost share the same name as an amazing designer! :D

A Foie Gras macaron?! Very interesting! I always thought macarons were just sweet. Oh and I need that Ferrero Rocher-tasting macaron – Slava would love it too since he’s a Nutella addict :D

Awesome throwdown/battle!

• Gillian February 8, 2012, 9:59 am

Thanks Liz! My friend is a Nutella addict as well and she loved that one :)

• Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) February 8, 2012, 12:10 pm

OK, did you really just say foie gras and peanut butter in the same sentence? My life will never be the same until I try that. And as I’m uninitiated in Macaroons and in Paris, I’m guessing that those two places are the best of the best. When I’m next there I’ll hunt down the Pierre one! You know, I’m not even sure I’ve tried a macaroon (except those coconutty ‘versions’ here in the states)…I have so much more to do with my life!! lol.

• Gillian February 8, 2012, 12:17 pm

YES! The foie gras had a bit of a peanut butter taste and then became more like a duck pate taste and then chocolate…I swear the layers of flavour are crazy! You must go when you are in Paris! Trader Joe’s does French macarons that are delicious but not even close to these – but they could be a good starting point :)

• Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) February 8, 2012, 12:11 pm

PS you are so gorgeous it’s shocking.

• glidingcalm February 8, 2012, 12:36 pm

you are so cute when you talk about food!!
    hugs!!
    and I dont eat many GF foods, but I’ll ask around!!! :D Rudi’s maybe?

• Gillian February 8, 2012, 2:19 pm

Thanks love, and YES, I’ve got to try Rudis!!

• Kris | iheartwellness.com February 8, 2012, 2:35 pm

Girl, I love your passion, beauty and style!! Thank you for your amazing video and taking us with you on your get away eating the NEXT LEVEL of food…LOVE IT!!

Now…when can we go to Paris???

Love You!
    xxoo

• Gillian February 8, 2012, 2:37 pm

Thanks Kris!! I’m game for Paris anytime! I will show you all the shops and delicious treats of your dreams! :)

• Anna @ The Guiltless Life February 8, 2012, 5:38 pm

Oh my…I can see why you would go to Paris just for the macarons! Amazing texture as you said, I can see that! And it’s all about the presentation, isn’t it ???

• Gillian February 8, 2012, 7:48 pm

Thanks Anna, yes, I love the presentation! I had to cut out a part of the video where I went on and on about how beautiful even the bags are at Pierre Herme :)

• Christina @ Food.Fitness.Fun. February 8, 2012, 5:46 pm

Love love love this! A fois gras macarons?! Amazing.

I am obsessed with macarons,so far my favourite are from La Bamboche (in Toronto) but I love sampling different bakeries when I travel. Can’t wait to try both of these places whenever I make it to Paris.

• Gillian February 8, 2012, 7:49 pm

Thank you Christina! I have to try out La Bamboche now!

• Kilee February 8, 2012, 6:02 pm

Ahhh, I am envious of your macaron experience! I have only had macarons a few times, but loved every bite! I can only image how amazing they are from Pierre Hermes. I can’t wait to see what you have up your sleeves next :)

• Gillian February 8, 2012, 7:51 pm

Thanks Kilee! They are something special, I might be trying out some of Pierre Herme’s macaron recipes soon so I’ll let you know how they turn out (then you could try one at in your own kitchen!) :)

• Krissy February 8, 2012, 6:05 pm

You are my favourite person in the world!!!!! This video made my heart miss you SO much :) I must try a Herme Macaroon before I die – it is now on my bucket list :) Love Youuu!!! xoxo

• Gillian February 8, 2012, 7:51 pm

I miss you too love! Let’s have a get together soon, and plan a date in Paris one day :)

• Michelle February 8, 2012, 6:32 pm

This is what I was waiting for! Have to say, my mouth was watering for that whole video. I will definitely be going to PH next time I’m there! Thank you :)

• Gillian February 8, 2012, 7:52 pm

Hahaha I’m so glad, and yes, you must sneak in a visit next time!

• Joanne February 8, 2012, 6:56 pm

I love macarons! Too bad, when I was in Paris a few years ago, I didn’t try any. Thanks for visiting my site. xo Jo

• Gillian February 8, 2012, 7:52 pm

Thanks Joanne, you’ll have to go back!

• Marisa February 8, 2012, 7:46 pm

I love your macaron-dance-drums :)

• Gillian February 8, 2012, 7:53 pm

Hahaha, why thank you Marisa, I hope you like my moves too.

• pure2rawtwins February 10, 2012, 9:57 pm

loved the video! i hope my comment came through on youtube!

looked like a great time…tough life eating macaroons ;) all the flavors sounded perfect. i could never pick..haha i am worst at making decisions.

• Gillian February 11, 2012, 1:44 pm

I did get your youtube comment, thank you so much! And that is why you have to buy a big box, to try them all!!! :)

• Morgan Hordal February 15, 2012, 12:49 am

Love it! You gave me my first ever macaron – a Pierre Herme and now I can’t eat anything less. They are on a totally new level. Awesome video – you’re as cute as ever! Wish I could have made the trip with you… :(

• Gillian February 15, 2012, 6:32 am

Thanks Morgan! We’ll have to make a return trip together, I’m so glad you got to try these!

• Dan May 11, 2012, 2:58 am

A great video and totally agree with you on PH, the macs are most flavorsome and exotic – yum!!! Btw, have you ever attempted to make them yourself? Here’s a guide http://www.themacaronmaster.com/ that shows how to make bakery-quality macarons that look smooth and just melt-in-your-mouth= divine :)

• Gillian May 11, 2012, 6:46 am

Thanks Dan! I have never tried to make them myself, but I’m dying ot try some of PH’s recipes! Will check out your site!

• Dan May 16, 2012, 4:10 am

Pierre is the Picasso of macarons. I definitely recommend his book – Macarons. However, in my opinion it’s not the best ‘beginner’s’ book as the instructions don’t go into great detail, at least not the kind of detail that the book mentioned in my last comment does. Still, it’s a must have macaron book that no serious macaronsits should do without! :) Can’t wait to see your first macs!