For the Love of Salad

by Gillian on April 26, 2012

A lovely reader recently asked me to do a post on salads.

I love salads because they offer a blank canvas for making beautiful, colourful meals that are satisfying for your body and your taste buds.

If you need a little inspiration to add some more salad into your daily routine, here are some of my favourites…

Hungry hippie salad
hungry hippie salad
Creamy salmon salad
creamy wild salmon salad
Fiesta kale salad
fiesta kale salad
Market smoked salmon salad
smoked salmon salad
French market salad
French market salad
Sweet chili lemon quinoa saladquinoa
Avocado “Caesar” salad
avocado dressing
Salad with miso ginger dressingmiso salad

{ 17 comments… read them below or add one }

LizAshlee April 26, 2012 at 9:23 am

These all look fabulous..I am def going to take a closer look at the ingredients..it’s always nice to have various ways to change up your salads..I have been loving celery, beets, spinach, cherry tomatoes…garlic gold, goat cheese…so tasty!

Gillian April 26, 2012 at 3:32 pm

I need to get some garlic gold! And I love all of those ingredients – beets and goat cheese are dreamy together!

Michelle April 26, 2012 at 9:25 am

Thanks for these! I get in a rut with salads and tend to eat the same thing over and over. I’m a big fan of a hard boiled egg on a salad, and I almost always add green onions.

Gillian April 26, 2012 at 3:33 pm

I love hard boiled egg and green onions! Nicoise salad with hard boiled eggs is my absolute favourite!

Lisa April 26, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Yum, these look great! Awesome ideas, I always get stuck on the same salad when I find one I like, so this is great for variety.

Gillian April 26, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Good to switch it up once and a while! I definitely get it ruts of eating the same one for weeks at a time though!

the delicate place April 26, 2012 at 2:27 pm

beautiful looking post! never met a salad i didn’t like! lately i’ve been having baby kale with flax oil, red peppers, avocado & zukes! loving smoked trout too as my protein topper!

Gillian April 26, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Mmm sounds divine, I adore smoked trout (or almost any smoked fish for that matter!)

Danielle @WorkItWearItEatIt April 26, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Oh goodness, these are beautiful!

Gillian April 26, 2012 at 3:34 pm

As are you :)

Mary Beth April 26, 2012 at 10:06 pm

People think I’m crazy when I say that I eat at least two large salads every single day – and always look forward to them. The one I had before my curried butternut squash soup tonight was so amazing I almost went back for seconds and said forget the damn soup! I made a fresh asian salad with greens, avocado, mint leaves, lemon juice, ginger chili dressing, shredded carrots, a dash of bragg’s soy sauce, and freshly cracked black pepper. It’s basically all the ingredients from my spring roll recipe minus the collards!

Gillian April 27, 2012 at 9:09 am

That salad sounds incredible!! I’ll have to re-create it myself!

Marie-Sophie April 27, 2012 at 2:08 am

:-) Thank you so much, Gillian!!! I am perfectly inspired for the weekend and today’s lunch! I will be trying out all those recipes Have a great weekend! <3

Gillian April 27, 2012 at 9:09 am

I’m so glad! This one is for you :)

Have a wonderful weekend too!!

glidingcalm April 29, 2012 at 8:34 pm

YES ! love this post! I rarely switch it up from my fav. Caesar dressing, but I do want to try a pesto-caesar and an avocado-caesar type dressing! :D

Gillian April 30, 2012 at 7:00 am

PESTO CAESAR SOUNDS AMAZING! Or maybe Caesar with pesto salmon? Mmmm..

jenny May 4, 2012 at 12:44 am

I’ve been having ridiculous salad cravings today and everything here is making me drool right now.