≡ Menu

Scenes from the Weekend

This weekend started with a heavy heart.

But it lightened up with good conversation, friends, and the love of my life adventuring around the city with me.

I’m digging deeper into my book and building the backbone – trying to fill it with colour and personality.  I’m sketching in my new idea book to get the wheels turning and feeling more in tune with myself than I have in a while.

Kind of like the weather these days, I am slowly warming up, a light chill still slipping through my shoes and up my neck, with the promise of warmth in the near future.

table 17
date night
sketch
Live
dinner
“You are so young; you stand before beginnings. I would like to beg of you, dear friend, as well as I can, to have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart. Try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books written in a foreign language. Do not now look for the answers. They cannot now be given to you because you could not live them. It is a question of experiencing everything. At present you need to live the question. Perhaps you will gradually, without even noticing it, find yourself experiencing the answer, some distant day. Perhaps you are indeed carrying within yourself the potential to visualize, to design, and to create for yourself an utterly satisfying, joyful, and pure lifestyle. Discipline yourself to attain it, but accept that which comes to you with deep trust, and as long as it comes from your own will, from your own inner need, accept it, and do not hate anything.” ~ from Rilke’s fourth letter to Kappus

“We must embrace struggle. Every living thing conforms to it. Everything in nature grows and struggles in its own way, establishing its own identity, insisting on it at all cost, against all resistance.” ~ from the seventh letter

{ 11 comments… add one }

• Liz (formerly VeggieGirl) April 30, 2012, 7:05 am

I. can’t. wait. for. your. book.!!!

• LizAshlee April 30, 2012, 7:52 am

I luv it…what a beautiful quote…thank you so much for sharing! Have a happy day!

• Gillian May 1, 2012, 7:44 pm

Thanks love!

• The Delicate Place (@misathemeb) April 30, 2012, 11:18 am

i spied a salumi board on that menu! your hair looks beautiful for date night!! <3 the excerpt at the close of the post. sorry to hear that you were down…but you picked yourself back up. these things are only small set backs, press on my dear!

• Gillian May 1, 2012, 7:44 pm

I’ll take you out for a salumi board when you come to Toronto!

• Michelle April 30, 2012, 12:13 pm

The good times wouldn’t be so good if we didn’t have some down times, right? All about balance. Having said that, I’m glad your weekend turned around!
    All your restaurant posts make me want to come eat my way through Toronto!

• Gillian May 1, 2012, 7:43 pm

Come visit and I’ll take you on a food adventure!!!

• Lisa April 30, 2012, 4:08 pm

I hope everything is okay with you! I’m glad your weekend got better though. You looks gorgeous!! You are an incredible artist too, that is always something I wish I could do. Sadly, I’m not that creative. Love that quote as well.

• Gillian May 1, 2012, 7:42 pm

Thank you so much Lisa! I haven’t drawn anything in ages but it is fun to play! That quote has led me through the years – such a nice reminder.

• Kris | iheartwellness.com May 1, 2012, 12:34 pm

Gawd, I love your face……you, your outfits, your food, these drawings are all GORGEOUS!!!

I come here for a breath of fresh air, thank you!

xxoo

• Gillian May 1, 2012, 7:42 pm

You are the sweetest – and right back at you!! xoxo